Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I would be moving to a foreign country to live, let alone a country in the Middle East. Over the 2009 Christmas and New Year’s holidays, my husband Roger and I discussed what we wanted the next part of our life to be like. He thought that before retiring, he would like to do one more airport project but only if he could find something very interesting. I half-jokingly agreed that would be fine but could he try for an exotic location? As usual, Roger came through and soon we were headed to Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. This blog is a recap of our "leap-of- faith" wanderings around the Middle East and beyond. We joyfully share these expat experiences.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

TripAdvisor EveryTrail Walking Tour . . . The Ultimate - Downtown Dubai


My assignment from TripAdvisor to create five walking tours of Dubai has been great fun to develop. Doing the research for the tours has led me to find such interesting facts about my adopted city.

Burj Khalifa - the tallest
building in the world.
Do you know how many “Ultimates” – the superlatives - there are in the Downtown Dubai area? 

It is amazing . . . but then again in Dubai being the first, the biggest, the best is a much sought after quest!








This is a great tour for the kids and adults alike. Grab those out of town guests and check it out and let me know what you think.

Want to vote on the tour? Just under the title are 5 stars. Place your cursor on the star rating you want to give the tour – 1 star is the lowest/5 stars is the best – and click!

My other Walking Tours . . . 


                                                  Bastakiya - An Historic Dubai Neighborhood

3 comments:

  1. Very cool. I just visited a site in Little Rock, Arkansas because people raved about it on Tripadvisor. Enjoy your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are obviously the perfect person to take on this task for Tripadvisor. They're lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just had the last two Walking Tours approved. Will be posting soon. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete